A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Monday 7 October 2013

The border is complete

I've finished the double border on 'Amber Waves' now. I kept looking at the diamond that I stitched first and wasn't happy with the finished result. The rays were uneven when they came to a point. Also the original design leaves the background bare with the canvas showing through, which seemed too bare to me. 

I have filled the diamond in with basket weave over one canvas thread in a DMC thread that matched the canvas and am much happier with the result. I've re-stitched the rays in a different order and the central point is more even.

No comments:

Post a Comment