A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Thursday 20 June 2013

Bastet

The Egyptian goddess,who came in the form of a cat but, joyous and playful, but  could change form to a lioness to be a protector.

This design I found in a Cross Stitch Gold magazine from a pile handed onto me. It was designed by Vivienne Powers and the original is stitched on black.

I decided to stitch her on fabric that reminded me of the sand and pyramids of Egypt. The photo doesn't show up all the gold work that surrounds the images in the design. 


I went to my Thursday craft group this morning, planning to get lots of stitching done on Bastet. 

But my plan failed, I left my magnifier at home so all the stitching I managed was the black back stitching around the scarab.

However, it was a lovely morning with friends and to celebrate my upcoming birthday they had  brought a yummy sponge cake to have with our coffee. Thank you friends.

1 comment:

  1. Look how much you have done - you are certainly well on the way to that deadline...

    ReplyDelete