A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Friday 28 June 2013

Progress of the Iris Stained Glass Window



I've now finished 3 designs in the window, the top petal of the iris and begun one of the leafy stems. I had to substitute a variegated thread in the iris and I'm really happy with the end result. I'm not so sure about the leaves, they should be long and thin with smooth edges; mine are a bit fuzzy. I'll leave it for the moment, start work on the green panels of glass, and consider it over the next few days. 

1 comment:

  1. looks superb... I am dying to see it 'in the flesh' so to speak... Nearly our stitching day again...

    ReplyDelete