A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Furnishing the miniature room

I've begun to furnish the miniature room. For some reason the mat won't sit flat and it looks like the cat is about to dive under it. It's definitely what my Emma Lou would do! I've just placed it under some heavy books to see if that will help.

I decided the vases needed to sit on a runner or doily so rummaged through my lace stash and found a flower shape that makes a nice doily on the fireplace mantle. A length of lace works as a runner on the side table. 


1 comment:

  1. Lol - not a crumbled mat - we have a few of those around here... I know you want a flat mat but I think it gives the room character and movement and the cat looks like it is ready to pounce on whatever is under it... I really like it when is the 'extension' going to happen...

    ReplyDelete