A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Friday 1 November 2013

One year ago...

...I holidayed with a friend who had started making an afghan rug using the Magic Square Knitting technique. You only knit one square at a time but each square is joined to the previous one so there is no sewing up at the end. I decided that I wanted to try one so we went to Wangaratta Knitting Mills. There was not a lot of choice but I came home with 3 balls of 5 different colours. We both discovered very quickly that our purchases did not go far! When I came home I was able to colour match with another brand and added two more colours. 

The border was a bit uneven when I had finished and I decided to add a crochet border. Thanks to another friend I found that crab stitch makes a lovely edging and it's quick to do. I think I needed to use a smaller crochet hook as the edge has gone a bit wavy but I'm happy with the result nonetheless. This is it folded into 4, it's 10 x 10 squares. I was going to make it longer but by this stage it had become a bit too heavy to hold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment