A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Monday 1 July 2013

Iris leaves

Part of my sewing today was in reverse! For the last couple of days I have kept looking at the first iris leaf and thinking it really didn't look right. So I searched the net for photos of iris flowers and leaves and yes, as you can see they are supposed to be long, thin and with smooth edges. My leaf was spiked; they reminded me more of rosemary leaves! I've taken it out and am much happier with my second attempt. 

I have also finished the iris bud and the variegated green thread and pattern in the glass pane around it. It's been a good day of stitching. 


 (My thanks to the unknown person whose photo I found and have used.)

No comments:

Post a Comment