A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Back from the framer


I finished this piece, Toccata # 2, sometime ago and have never been happy with the framing. The frame was too ornate and it was framed without a mat. Every time I looked at it I was dissatisfied with the finished result. 

Finally I decided it was time to fix it and I took it to my wonderful framer, Bob, who has done my last few exhibition pieces. He frames absolutely straight to the thread and his attention to detail is meticulous.

Today I picked it up and I am delighted with the result. The photo doesn't show all the detail, particularly not the white and gold work, but the framing highlights the piece. Now all I have to do is find the wall space for hanging it!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Look forward to seeing it next Saturday... x

    ReplyDelete