A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Monday 15 July 2013

Threads



It has taken me longer to finish the glass panes in the arch of the window. I've completed 2, 3 & 4 but am in the process of unpicking the 1st one. Now that the panes are larger I don't like the recommended colour or stitch  in the top right. It was stitched in tiny cross-stitches worked over one thread and it is taking me almost as long to take them out as it did to stitch them!

I am now 'auditioning' threads to replace it. I couldn't get to "Bustles and Bows" but over the telephone Shirley and I worked out a possible replacement and she posted it to me. It is a gorgeous thread but I think I will make a final decision when more of the piece is stitched. 

The other dilemma I have discovered is that one spool of Kreinik braid is not going to be enough in some of the colours. Not a problem? Just ring my local embroidery shop and ask them to post me some more? No, My local shops do not carry the full range. Fortunately Naomi of "Stitches and Spice" (ooh I love her fabrics) has been able to order them for me. It could take 3 weeks to arrive but there is plenty of other stitching to do in the design. 

I have also realised that I need to stitch the background at the same time as the leaves in order to get the stitching pattern to line up. Here is my progress:-





No comments:

Post a Comment