A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Saturday 6 July 2013

My Adventure Into the City

Today was the day I had arranged to meet my friend 'T' at Flinders Street Station. I have only been into town by train once before and on that occasion a friend helped me navigate the public transport system, this time I was on my own. I was fortunate in both the trip in and out again that the bus and train timetables matched.

I was, however, very glad the sun was shining when I got up this morning. I can't say it was warm but rugged up in a coat it was not too cold.

All went as planned, we found each other and wandered across to Southgate. How many years has it been since I last went and browsed the shops? Sadly, the restaurants have increased and all the different shops we used to browse in have either gone or, for the main part, been replaced by something less interesting.

When we crossed the river using the pedestrian bridge from Southgate to Flinders Street Station we noticed that people have been hanging little padlocks, some with inscriptions, as a 'message' that they have travelled that way. 

But, the main reason I made the trip was to meet my friend and catch up on our news. We caught up on our news and laughed as we reminisced some of the past journeys through life that we have shared. Friendship, a gift so very precious. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time... It sounds like regardless of what retail had come and gone - the friendship remained - and that as you said the most precious gift of all...

    ReplyDelete