A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Sunday 7 July 2013

The first iris is finished



Today I finished the first iris and I'm quite pleased with the result. The petal on the left is a bit flat on the edge but I still need to add in the stem for the bud and the surrounding leaves. 


I have also finished the Smyrna Crosses in the green glass panes. I have only added the Kreinik braid to one of the 4 panes and, whilst it doesn't show in the photo, it does make a difference to the finished result. 

Next to do the stem and leaves in the blank left area of the pane.

2 comments:

  1. Show off!!!! You know how much stitching I did - absolutely nothing... No seriously it is looking great I look forward to seeing them for real... S

    ReplyDelete