A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Everything but...



... the varnish! I woke this morning all enthusiastic to do the first coat of varnish on the outside of my box. Then I discovered that I had every paint medium imaginable but no varnish. 

A quick trip to 'Riot' and I found the only bottle of satin varnish in stock. I also discovered that the colour I had painstakingly mixed yesterday is called 'cashmere' and is available premixed!

However, on looking at the boards I painted yesterday I decided they needed a fourth coat first. Now that they are dry I should be able to get 2 coats on tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment