A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Tuesday 6 August 2013

My second blanket


I have been several given balls of a variegated wool and was asked to 'do something' with it for a charity fund raiser. Having almost finished my first knitted blanket I have decided to use the wool to make another. Finding wool to match was a bit of a challenge but I decided on a soft grey and a darker mushroom colour. The colours blend better than they are showing in the photo.

The pattern I use is a wonderfully easy one. The magic square pattern knits from one square to the next, with no pesky sewing up at the end. 

Now I just need to knit the last four squares on my first rug before I start another!

No comments:

Post a Comment