A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Sunday 4 August 2013

Friendship

Some years ago I was in one of my 'decluttering' phases and I put a cross stitch kit, that I was never going to do, for sale on eBay. Little did we know but the paths of the person who bought it, and mine, were to cross a couple of times more and from those brief encounters a new friendship was born and would bring me a lot of joy.

I spent a lovely time yesterday with 'S' ... and not a needle was threaded! We did have show and tell; her peacock sampler is looking beautiful, keep stitching my friend, it is going to be gorgeous. 




This is her birthday present to me. The book is beautiful; lovely photos of cats and sayings. I looked at this book about a month ago and resisted the temptation to buy it. 

The templates, along with a guide on how to use them, is for crazy patchwork. Ooh, now the block I started might progress. I have done the all piecing but then got stumped with where to go next. Most of my initial attempts to embellish it were all pulled out and I lost interest. Now I feel excited about it again. 



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you like the templates and book... I can see my crazy patch obsession being reborn with the help of those templates... Next year perhaps... :) :) :)

    Have I had fun with those magazines I borrowed from you

    Thank you for your kind words they were very much appreciated... I too enjoyed our time together... And the fringe now graces the scarf...

    Take care now x x

    ReplyDelete