A quiet place is a place to reminisce, to reflect, to celebrate the joys and to find solace in the losses.


It can be found in many places; within a garden, by a river, but most of all within oneself. To lose oneself in creating something of beauty is to find a quiet place.

Saturday 17 August 2013

The miniature room interior


I've discovered that wallpapering isn't quite as easy as the instructions lead one to believe. My first attempt to put wallpaper onto the back wall didn't work at all. Now I know that paper stretches if over handled when wet and that it is better to press the bubbles out rather than wipe!

Armed with my new discovery I made my second attempt. This time with the floor. Success! The room now has a faux wood floor. I just need to decide whether or not to varnish it to look like polished boards or leave well enough alone.  

The two side walls are being painted in a pale grey blue (sky blue, smoked pearl 1:1)) to blend with the background colour in the wallpaper.

This week I bought skirting boards which I will paint in white. I also bought a timber door with architraves, so that it will look as though you can go from one room into another. I'm not sure whether to paint it white or stain it to match the floor boards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment